The high temperatures, heavy rain and thunderstorms in spring and summer have brought many challenges to the safe production of the chemical industry. Our company is focus on safety padlocks, locking hasps, valve lockouts, electrical lockouts, locking kits and stations. The valve Lockout supplier is here to help you, hoping to give some help to the security people who are ready for the test of spring and summer.
First: Fire prevention
1. The spring and summer are hot and the temperature is high. In chemical production areas, there are many flammable, explosive and volatile raw materials. For example: ethanol, dichloroethane and other low boiling points are volatile substances. It evaporates faster in hot spring and summer, and its ignition point and explosion limit are easily reached in places with higher concentrations.
2. Spring or summer are either thunderstorms or hot and dry. When the air is dry, the more important it is to pay attention to fire prevention. According to the characteristics of chemical production in spring and summer and the nature of the raw materials used, we must first pay attention to fire prevention. It is necessary to strictly abide by the relevant regulations; the operators in all positions must operate carefully to strictly prevent the occurrence of the "three violations" phenomenon; the inspectors on duty should check carefully and find out that fire or violation of regulations should be dealt with seriously.
Second. Prevention of poisoning
Many raw materials in chemical companies are toxic or corrosive. Inadvertent contact or inhalation of toxic substances or the volatilized gases of these substances can cause poisoning or physical damage to varying degrees, and severe cases can cause burns or even coma or death. Especially in the spring and summer, the weather is hot, employees are relatively thin, and sweat more easily at work. In hot weather, the toxic and harmful substances are extremely volatile, and the toxic volatile gases leaked through the pores of the human body and cause poisoning. Therefore, it is particularly important to understand the nature of the materials in contact and the corresponding precautionary measures. Once these toxic and harmful substances have been splashed on the body, immediately rinse them with clean water, and change clean clothes. Observed and supervised by a special person. In severe cases, go to the hospital for treatment.
So how can we prevent it in the spring and summer?
1. Prevent poisoning during maintenance operations: Maintenance personnel must wear all safety protection measures such as gas masks, protective gloves, and protective glasses (pots, tanks, tanks, etc.) when servicing materials pipelines and other equipment related to toxic and hazardous materials. The operation should be strictly required, carefully replace and do a good job of internal toxic and harmful gas analysis), and prevent contact or breathing any toxic and harmful substances.
2. Operators at all positions earnestly perform operations. On-duty personnel and section chiefs strengthen inspections. It is strictly forbidden to prevent poisoning (chemical burns caused by corrosive materials) caused by material splashing or flowing directly to the operator. Pay particular attention to the sequence of operations. The key positions should be operated by one person and supervised by one person to avoid accidents caused by illegal operations. In case of leakage or loss, take emergency measures immediately under the conditions of proper safety precautions to prevent the accident from expanding, and immediately clean up the materials and site to prevent poisoning of personnel.
3. When loading and unloading materials, be sure to fasten the joints firmly, check the normal inlet and outlet valves, and then turn on the delivery pump. The strict sequence is reversed, which causes local pressure to cause the materials to spill and cause poisoning and other accidents.
4. All relevant departments should strengthen patrol inspection to prevent all running, running, dripping and leaking. In particular, strengthen the inspection and prevention of weak links in equipment and facilities. For example, check the liquid level and emptying of tanks in each tank area to prevent people from poisoning due to leakage accidents.
In the production of spring and summer, once the raw material leaks, it will not only cause environmental accidents and material loss, but also most likely cause personnel poisoning. Especially the leaked material is directly sprayed on the operator (or even mouth), which is more dangerous. (Once these toxic and harmful substances are splashed on the body, immediately rinse them with clean water, and change clean clothes, there is a special person to observe and supervise, severe cases go to the hospital for treatment). To prevent leaks, you should do the following:
1. Careful operation: When disassembling or connecting material conveying valves and pipes, pay attention to whether the closed ones are closed and the open ones are opened. Prevent material leakage and local pressure to cause spray accidents.
2. Some glass sight glasses, vent valves (ports), level gauges, and on-off valves must have protective measures to prevent leakage, accidents caused by collision, opening or destruction.
3. The liquid level of each storage tank is strictly controlled below the standard (alert) line, and the storage is strictly over-line to prevent overflow. At the same time, we must regularly check and verify the accuracy of the tank level gauges to avoid false liquid levels or artifacts that can cause spills.