An industrial valve lock is mainly used to lock the valve to protect the safety of the valve. The application of valve locks is related to the importance of the safe operation. Some valves are normally open and some are normally closed. This requires safety to be avoided to avoid misuse.
Definition: The valve lock is mainly used to lock the valve and protect the safety of the valve.
Function: Valve locks belong to a category of industrial safety locks. The purpose is to ensure that the equipment using the valve is absolutely closed and the equipment is kept in a safe state. The use of locks can prevent accidental operation of the equipment, causing injury or death, and another purpose is to serve as a warning.
Commonly used valve locks are divided into ball valve locks, butterfly valve locks, gate valve locks, rotary valve locks, universal valve locks, etc.
Valve safety locks products on the market are also uneven, good and bad, so you need to pay attention to a few points when choosing a brand and model:
1. Large brands or brand agents with a high reputation and long history should be selected, with sufficient economic strength and a stable network system to ensure service and after-sales, and avoid disputes caused by product quality problems.
2. Valves are divided into ball valves, butterfly valves, gate valves, rotary valves, etc., so when selecting valve locks, you should also figure out the type of valve required.
3. Valve locks can be selected from a variety of materials. According to the environment in which the lock is used, such as dry air humidity, high temperature, and the need for acid and alkali resistance, select the appropriate lock.
The ball valve lock is mainly used to lock the ball valve and protect the safety of the ball valve.
The gate valve lock is suitable for the lockwork of the gate valve, which can better protect the safety of the gate valve.
The butterfly valve lock is suitable for locking all butterfly valves of common specifications, and better protects the butterfly valve switch to prevent accidental accidents.
4. Looking at the safety standards, there are very strict standards for hardware locks at home and abroad. Small manufacturers will not follow the standards in order to save costs, and big brands generally abide by the standards.
5. Valve size, the size of different valves is different, choose the matching valve lock.
6. Check whether the signs and logos of the valve lock packaging are complete (including product implementation standards, grades, production company name, address, and production date). Whether the packaging is firm, whether the contents of the manual are consistent with the product, and be careful not to exaggerate and do not conform to the facts phenomenon.
7. Choose a brand manufacturer with good after-sales service, and make sure that the locking and tagging scheme is based on professional guidance.
5 Pipeline application The pipeline valve of a power plant is very important accessory equipment during operation. It is related to the importance of the safe operation. Some valves are normally open and some are normally closed. This requires safety to be avoided to avoid misoperation. Valve Lockout is mainly used for normally open and normally closed valves or temporary use, which can ensure that the operating personnel and non-operating personnel misuse the valve.